Phantom of the Opera Ticket Giveaway Sweepstakes – Official Rules 2018
- General. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited. All federal, state and local regulations apply. By submitting an entry to this contest, sponsored by CBC New Media, LLC/WRAL Digital Solutions (hereby known as “WRAL Digital Solutions”), the entrant acknowledges and agrees to all of these Official Rules. The contest submission period begins at 12:01 a.m. ET on February 1, 2018 and closes at 11:59 p.m. ET on February 20, 2018. By entering the drawing, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by all decisions of WRAL Digital Solutions, whose decisions are binding and final. WRAL Digital Solutions reserves the right to change the rules at any time to ensure the fair administration of the contest and compliance with applicable laws.
- Eligibility. The contest is open only to permanent, legal U.S. residents 18 years of age as of February 1, 2018 who reside in North Carolina. Employees of WRAL Digital Solutions, Capitol Broadcasting Company, Inc. and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents, employees, advertising and promotion agencies and members of their immediate families (spouses, parents, children, and siblings and their spouses) are not eligible. Persons who have won a prize valued over $100 in any WRAL Digital Solutions sponsored contest in the last 12 months are ineligible to win this contest.
- How to Enter. You may enter by completing and adhering to these rules and regulations. Entrants must “like” the specified photo AND follow WRAL Digital Solutions on Instagram. For additional entries, entrants may tag a friend in the “Comments” section of the post. Multiple tags must be entered in separate comments. This contest may also be advertised across other WRAL Digital Solutions’ social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, etc.). Entries generated by a script, macro or other automated means will be disqualified. Entries that do not adhere to the rules, are incomplete, illegible or corrupted are void and will not be accepted. Neither WRAL Digital Solutions nor its respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents and employees are responsible for telecommunications, network, electronic, technical or computer failures of any kind, for inaccurate transcription of entry information, errors in any promotional or marketing materials, errors in these rules, for any human or electronic error, or for entries that are stolen, misdirected, garbled, delayed by computer transmissions, lost, late or damaged. All entries become the property of WRAL Digital Solutions, and will not be acknowledged or returned.
- Selection of Winner and Odds of Winning. On or around February 21, 2018 at 10:00 a.m. a winner will be selected at random, using an auto-generator. Once the contest winner has been selected, he/she will be notified via the Instagram platform by direct message or “tag.” The winner has 24 hours to respond and accept the prize. If no response is received within this time frame, WRAL Digital Solutions reserves the right to select another winner and the original winner will forfeit their prize. The winner will be selected randomly by a CBC New Media LLC/WRAL Digital Solutions employee. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. There will be no ties.
- Prize Redemption and Releases. The winner will be notified at the contact information submitted at time of entry and will be instructed regarding how to claim and obtain the prize. Tickets can be mailed to the winner or may be picked up at the WRAL TV front desk located at 2619 Western Boulevard, Raleigh, NC, 27606. Winner’s guests must be over the age of six (6) years old, as children under the age of six (6) are not allowed at most DPAC performances including Broadway, Concerts and Comedy shows. Winner will be required to sign and return to WRAL Digital Solutions an affidavit of eligibility and liability and publicity release within 7 days of notification, as well as IRS form W-9: Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification for any prize over $600.00 in total value. If any prize notification is undeliverable, or in the event of non-compliance with any of these requirements, the prize will be forfeited, and an alternate winner will be selected at random from the remaining eligible entries. No substitution of prizes or transfer of prizes to a third party is permitted. Winner must complete an affidavit of eligibility and liability release, or the prize will be forfeited and alternate winner selected. Except where prohibited, by playing the contest, or by winning, participants have awarded WRAL Digital Solutions, the right to publicize and/or broadcast their name, photograph or likeness, voice and details and have accepted and agreed to be bound by these rules.
- Prize. One (1) verified winner will receive three tickets to see the Phantom of the Opera Broadway show at the Durham Performing Arts Center located at 123 Vivian Street, Durham, NC, 27701 on February 28, 2018 at 7:30 p.m. WRAL Digital Solutions reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value.
- Disclaimer. WRAL Digital Solutions reserves the right to disqualify any contest entries in our sole discretion. Winner assumes all liability for any injury or damages caused or claimed to be caused by his or her participation in the sweepstakes, in prize-related travel, and/or the acceptance and/or use of any prize, and releases by WRAL Digital Solutions, and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents, and employees, from any such liability. WRAL Digital Solutions and its respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents and employees are not responsible for technical, hardware, software, or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the user or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this sweepstakes or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this sweepstakes. Entry constitutes permission (except where prohibited by law) to use winner’s name, city, state, likeness and/or voice for purposes of advertising, promotion and publicity without additional compensation. The winner’s name and city of residence will be emailed to those who request it. You may not upload any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or this website. Instagram, nor its parent company Facebook, are not sponsors of, or responsible for conducting, any Sweepstakes provided by WRAL Digital Solutions. All entry data provided online is provided to WRAL Digital Solutions and to Sponsor and not to Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. Each Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
- Internet. If for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned for any reason, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, and unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of WRAL Digital Solutions which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity of the game or sweepstakes, WRAL Digital Solutions reserves its right in its discretion to disqualify any individual it believes has tampered with the entry process, and/or cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the sweepstakes/game. WRAL Digital Solutions and its respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents and employees (i) assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alternation of, entries: (ii) are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or provider, computer equipment, software, failure of any email to be received by WRAL Digital Solutions, on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to the participant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this sweepstakes/contest/giveaway.
- Winner Announcement. For the name of the winners, available by the end of each month, send an email requesting the winner’s name to [email protected]