By Missy Justice
Sponsored content is on the rise and you should be a part of it!
Polar, a technology-based branded content solutions company, forecasts that premium branded content will reach $13.7 billion dollars in media revenue by 2020. This will be a 380% increase from 2016.
These are huge numbers that cannot be ignored by local markets. Sponsored content, also known as native content, is a fairly new concept and some business owners may be in the dark about what sponsored content is and why it is important, so let’s delve in.
What is sponsored content?
Dictionary.com defines sponsored content as, “material in an online publication which resembles the publication’s editorial content but is paid for by an advertiser and intended to promote the advertiser’s product.”
What is sponsored content at WRAL Digital Solutions?
At WRAL Digital Solutions, sponsored content is leveraged by aligning our local business owners with the WRAL.com brand and audience to strengthen their voice, validity, and to evoke trust within the community. You can view examples of it here.
How can sponsored content help local businesses & why should I use it?
- Brands receive a 33% boost in credibility when their content is placed on well-respected sites.
- Article engagement on WRAL.com averages around 2.5 minutes on site per article. How else are you going to get in front of a potential client or customer for 2.5 uninterrupted minutes in this digital age of distraction?
- Positioning yourself as an expert in your field can help you stand out from the competition.
- Leveraging WRAL.com’s audience can get you in front of communities you might not have been able to reach previously. It can also help you reach an engaged and loyal audience not available anywhere else.
How is Sponsored Content different than traditional media?
- The main difference is obvious – it’s not an ad.
- Sponsored content is not salesy or pushy but rather thought-provoking and informative.
- It can help influence an audience in a unique way other media outlets don’t have the ability to do.
Who is a right fit for Sponsored Content?
We have found some great verticals that sponsored content works well for such as:
|· Health Care||· Education|
|· Insurance||· Finance|
|· Law||· Agriculture|
|· Automotive||· Real Estate|
|· Tourism||· Residential Services|
By no means is this all of the possible partnerships available – any business that wants to brand their voice with a strong organization like WRAL.com would be a great fit!
As a local business owner, you have a unique opportunity to create evergreen and informative content and position yourself as a thought leader in this community by partnering with WRAL.com’s well-respected brand. Business owners are able to take advantage of this opportunity to engage with current customers and potential customers in a new and exciting way.
Sponsored content enables you to get in front of the right group of people with your content, while your brand is also surrounding each article with traditional display ads. Remember, media is always changing and evolving. New products and services are added to the mix almost daily, so as a business owner, it’s important to cut through all the weeds and decipher what is the best fit for your goals. Dozens of businesses and brands have experienced the benefit of sponsored content and you can too.
Interested in sponsored content opportunities? Contact us, we’d love to hear from you.